CONSULT #2

Today, we went for our final consult before officially beginning our IVF cycle. After bloodwork, a trial transfer, and a water ultrasound, we learned that my polyps have grown back. Dr. Bouknight wants to remove these again before proceeding with a transfer. 

This obviously isn't the news we were hoping to hear. It has been almost a year since my first hysteroscopy, and they've already grown back. Will I have to have this surgery before each transfer in the future? These polyps seem to be recurring, which is what our doctor said last year. Some women are just "prone to polyps." That familiar, sinking disappointment met us in the ultrasound room like an old acquaintance who always shows up at the wrong time. 

Once again I'm left questioning – "well, why me?" But I can't live there. God has us in this time and these circumstances for a reason. I know He is teaching me to fully rely on Him for my joy and peace. We are going ahead with the procedure on Wednesday, and I'll begin the IVF hormone injections Friday as scheduled. Because of the added stress of surgery, it is likely now that we will do a frozen transfer in July rather than attempting a fresh transfer in June. 

When we left the doctor, we didn't really know what to do next. We had all these plans for shopping since we leave for the beach next Friday. Ben drove into the Target parking lot and we just sat in the silence. Then, through tears, Ben read Psalm 97...

 "The LORD reigns, let the earth rejoice..."

"For you, O LORD, are most high over all the earth..."

Please pray with us this week. Pray that we will trust God with all of our hearts. Pray that we will remain patient through the process. Pray for a successful surgery on Wednesday. Pray that all systems will be "go" on the other side of this bump in the road. 


Popular posts from this blog

FET and PIO

FINAL EMBRYO COUNT

FIRST BLOG POST