SWEET MEMORY LANE


What a special day! Yesterday, I got to spend the whole afternoon with one of my very best friends. My sister and I have always had a special bond. Growing up, we argued and fought just like most siblings, but we were still so close. I was worried that bond would fade away once we both became adults. I've seen it happen so often, even within my own family. But honestly, we've become even closer in our later years. I know I have a forever friend I can always count on in Jill.

Jumping on a trampoline doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would flood your mind with memories, but that is exactly what it did. We reminisced on the good times we had in our backyard 10+ years ago on Sundown Pass. We played so many crazy, made-up games (Dead Man, Races, Crack the Egg) on that trampoline. It's a wonder we didn't fall off and break our necks. We laughed and talked about how big the trampoline used to feel to us and how we're like giants now. 


The swing set behind Mema's house is so old, but that didn't stop us from playing on it as well. It's creaky and worn down, and I'm quite sure it wasn't meant to hold 200+ pounds. We talked about the times we've shared at that house, in that yard. Mema even came out and joined us!

These are the times when unbreakable bonds are formed. The times that you don't even realize you're making memories. My heart is full, and I am grateful for my sweet sister and friend.

Popular posts from this blog

FET and PIO

FINAL EMBRYO COUNT

RETRIEVAL DAY